Sunday, September 10, 2006

Birthday Hair

One fine day in September (two days ago in fact), Hilary came to a point of deep contemplation:

Hilary: Adrian?
Adrian: Yes?
Hilary: I'm going to get my hair cut.
Adrian: Mmmm. Ok.
Hilary: My birthday's coming up, and...
Adrian: Riiiiight...
Hilary: ...so I just thought...
Adrian: Yup.
Hilary: ...a haircut would be nice.
Adrian: Probably.

So you see, the signals were clear: Hilary would get a haircut, maybe two, and I would stay home. A nice, comfortable arrangement. Little did I know, Hilary meant SO much more than what I heard.

What she MEANT TO SAY, was -and correct me if I'm wrong here:
I WILL CHOP ALL MY HAIR OFF AND COME BACK WITH A NEW, VERY CUTE LOOK.

Had our communication been a little clearer, I would have been ready for the "NEW HIL". Lo and behold, brace ye, tis Hilary!!!



A brand new look for the wonderful lass! It's funky, fun and we'll save a bundle on shampoo. What could be better?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! It looks great Hil! I went from having elbow length hair to really short the day before I moved to Vancouver 3 years ago and before I did it all I could think about for weeks was cutting it all off at once. You look fabulous darling.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HIL!

The hair looks fabulous! Way to take the plunge. I bet it's soooo much easier to manage now. And like adrian said, you'll save $400 to $500 a year in shampoo now.

Miss you guys a lot!

keegan said...

wow Hil- happy birthday to you- you look so much like Catylin in those pics. Extreme haircuts are fun- dying hair is fun too - but I like you with your natural blond:)

Keegs

Anonymous said...

Love your new do, Hilabeany! You are so cute! Lucky Adrian! Good way to start your 26th year. We love you! Mom and Wayne

Anonymous said...

I didnt mean to sign in as anonymous