Sunday, July 16, 2006

June 12th Special (one month late!)

As it is, I was the one (Hil) who was supposed to get this thing together, but as time went by post-appendicitis, I kept leaving it... sorry to those who've been waiting! So finally, here are our 2-year anniversary shots. I took the liberty of planning the evening on the 11th, and Adrian on the morning of the actual day, as we both had to work late on the 12th. So to start things off, I surprised Adge with a trip down to trendy Apgujeong, where I planned to take us to a cool restaurant that I read about in a magazine. The place was called Samwon Garden, and it's one of the finer places to eat in Seoul. The owner of the restaurant has a daughter who is a pro-golfer (Grace Park) and he slashes the prices in half whenever she wins a game. We weren't so fortunate to get such a deal, but we did have a good time. Afterward we hung out on the grounds, ate Haagen Daas, got some free candy, and then went to the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for some cheesecake and sweet drinks. A little excessive on the diet, yes, but we enjoyed every minute of it! Needless to say our anniversary involved food, food, and oh yes, more food. The next day Adrian took me up the mountain by our place after making an amazing breakfast and we sat up in one of our favorite spots and enjoyed the view.

So what, you may ask, has two years of marriage taught us? Um, I think Love your neighbor as yourself. It's wonderful to be able to plan romantic stuff together, as when you're married, you see each other all the time. Sometimes it takes a little extra effort to make things romantic. But it's so worth it!! I don't want to turn this into a bragfest by any means, but I think that for us, we've been blessed to actually grow together over this time and learn how to live under the same roof, with lots of grace for each other in-between. I can be a basketcase... my fam knows that, and Adrian IS a basketcase (ust-j idding-k). ANyways, that being said, Adrian has taught me lots about what it means to love, like the selfless kind of love. I can only say that I've been blessed more than I've ever been by anyone through the love he shows to me, and I hope to live out the same kind of love for him.

No comments: